When you visit The International Food and Wine Festival at Epcot you have the chance to try amazing dishes from all over the world. Many people may think that with all the specialty choices available, it would be a waste of time to visit the America Pavillion. While there are a lot of exotic options, it’s not a mistake to make a stop in Epcot’s America! The festival menus are put together by world-class chefs and this location shouldn’t be overlooked just because it’s “homegrown”.
The new Rotunda Bistro at Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival surprised everyone with one of the best dishes of the festival this year! Located in the American Adventure, the Rotunda Bistro serves a delicious Wild Mushroom and Truffle Tart. The tart consists of a flaky buttery tart with a rich mushroom and cheese taste. Grabbing this popular new treat, then cooling off inside the American Adventure should definitely be on your festival itinerary. But if you aren’t visiting the festival anytime soon, give our Wild Mushroom and Truffle Tart a try!
EPCOT WILD MUSHROOM AND TRUFFLE TART RECIPE
Total time: 35 minutes
Makes 10 tarts
1 package of puff pastry
2 tbs butter
1 ½ cups mushrooms of your choice, chopped
1/4 cup gruyere, finely grated
1 tsp truffle oil
1 tbsp parsley leaves, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Cut the puff pastry into squares. Place on a lined baking sheet.
- Sautee the butter and mushrooms for 5 minutes until there is no liquid left in the pan.
- Remove from heat and mix mushrooms with the gruyere, parsley, truffle oil, and garlic.
- Spoon the mushrooms into the center of the puff pastry.
- Brush the edge of the pastry with the beaten egg.
- Bake the tarts for 20 mins or until puffed up and golden.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Have you tried this dish yet? Let us know in the comments below!