One of the most popular dishes at this year’s Food and Wine Festival is the new Crispy Chicken on a Sriracha Glazed Donut from The Donut Box. The Donut Box has become a fan favorite festival booth and has many delicious and instagrammable options. The Crispy Chicken on a Sriracha Glazed Donut is composed of a cake donut with sriracha glaze, crispy chicken, and slaw, making it the perfect combo of sweet and spicy. If you loved this dish and want it again or haven’t made it to the festival to taste it yourself, give our copycat recipe a try!
CRISPY CHICKEN ON A SRIRACHA GLAZED DONUT RECIPE
Prep time: 25 minutes
- Cake Donut
- 1-2 chicken fingers
- Sriracha sauce:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 14 ounce coleslaw mix with red cabbage and carrots
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Start by making the coleslaw. Add the mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, white vinegar, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl and whisk together until creamy.
- Add in the coleslaw mix and stir well to combine. Refrigerate.
- Prepare the Sriracha glaze. Melt butter in a small pot over medium heat.
- Add the honey, Sriracha, soy sauce, and lime juice; stir until the mixture bubbles gently. Simmer until the sauce has a thick consistency.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Slice a cake donut in half and spread the sriracha glaze on both halves. Put aside to set.
- Prepare 1-2 chicken tenders in the microwave or air fryer. If you are a fan of heat, you can toss the chicken tenders in the sriracha glaze for an extra kick.
- Assemble the sandwich by placing the chicken and slaw on the donut. Add additional sriracha glaze to taste. Enjoy!